Buddhist, Confucian, and Daoist E-texts, Indexes, and Bibliographies
Established: 1995.7.30 ||| Updated 2009.7.1
- The Diamond
- The Sūtra of Perfect
Enlightenment (Yuanjue jing)
Smaller Pure Land Sūtra (Translated by Karen
MACK) [PDF] [HTML]
Ten Approaches to the Harmonization of Doctrinal Disputes (Simmun hwajaeng non). By Wonhyo
- The Culmination of the East Asian Confucian-Buddhist Debate in Korea: Jeong Dojeon's Array
of Critiques Against Buddhism (Bulssi japbyeon) vs.
Gihwa's Exposition of the Correct (Hyeonjeong non)
- The Genjōkōan and One Bright Pearl from Dōgen's Shōbōgenzō
- Zongmi on
the Two Hindrances
- Six Chinese Classics: Analects, Great Learning, Doctrine of the Mean, Mencius, and Daodejing.
2. Digital Indexes
- Composite Index of CJK Buddhist Lexical Sources: Over 290,000 terms from dozens of
Buddhist lexical sources. 82 files zipped. [Updated 2001.02.13] Unicode Text (utf-8).
- Index to the Chūgoku bukkyōshi jiten (Compiled by KAMATA Shigeo) [Created 2007.9.22]
- Index to the Hanguk pulgyo inmyong sajŏn (The Korean
Buddhist Biographical Dictionary); in Unicode
text and MS-Word formats. [Created 2000.05.28]
- Index to the Bukkyōgo daijiten, by Nakamura Hajime (ZIP
format). The file has been saved in various formats, including: (1) Japanese-optimized Unicode text; (2) Chinese(Big5)-optimized MS-Word 98; (3) MacWord 5.0; (4) JIS plain text. The first two formats contain full
information, while the final two contain a certain amount of data loss, as their
encoding systems do not support enough characters.
- Index of Korean Buddhist writers listed in the Kankoku bussho
kaidai jiten in Unicode text and
JIS text formats.
- Index to the Nihon bukkyō jinmei jiten (Dictionary of
Japanese Buddhist Names) in Unicode text and
JIS text formats.
3. Specialized Bibliographies
[Storage format; Compiler]
Korean Buddhist Canon: A Descriptive Catalogue
[TEI/XML; Compiled by Lancaster and Park; Digitized by Charles Muller]
- East Asian Studies Reference Guide [HTML; Buswell/Bodiford]
- Korean Buddhism
[TEI/XML; Charles Muller]
- Pure Land
Buddhism (multiple bibliographies) [Jérôme Ducor]
Buddhism [TEI/XML; Charles Muller]
4. CJK Scriptural E-texts
CJK Text of the Sūtra of Perfect
Enlightenment: (Gihwa's 己和 Amended Edition, wherein Giwha corrected the errors
he perceived in the version handed down in the Korean Tripiṭaka and Japanese Taishō)
- CJK Text of Wonhyo's
( “Doctrine of the Two Hindrances”) New Critical Edition, edited by
CJK Text of Gihwa's Geumgang banyaparamilgyeong yungwan
( “The Penetrating Thread of the Diamond Sūtra”) HBJ, 7.116-122.
CJK Text of the Daodejing
- CJK Text (Shift-JIS and UTF-8) of the Yijing
( “Book of Changes”). The Xicizhuan (Hsi-tz'u chüan
-- “Great Appendix”) portion of the text is fully corrected, but the main text
of the hexagrams is still in raw OCR uncorrected condition.
- Digitized text of the
Lun fogu biao 論佛骨表 (Memorial on the Buddha's Relics)
by Hanyu 韓愈
Maintained by Charles Muller, University of Tokyo